Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kicking off the New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Just returned from The Islands (aka Hawaii) where I spent some unbelieveably relaxing days on the beach and in the 80 degree water. I saw plenty of bonefish but alas the Kona winds kicked up and on the days I had planned to fish they didn't want to play or were hanging out in the marine reserve areas. Brutal to see huge bonefish practically swimming at my feet and not being able to throw a fly at them! Conway made a play on some of them but visibility was tough with all the wind...bones 1...humans 0!


Coming up on the calendar is the Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, New Jersey January 22-24. Conway, and I will be there every day. Conway's delivering his presentation on mako fishing on the fly each day. If you're at the show it's a must see! Check out their website for info and times:



I'll be wandering around the show, seeing all my fly friends and definitely sitting in on some of the talks. I'm crossing my fingers for good weather...Hawaii to San Diego to New Jersey in January...ouch...that's tough!

Hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment